SmartBot is a cross-border collaboration between 24 different partners from Germany and the Netherlands. The aim is to develop multi sensor robot platforms for maritime, agricultural and industry applications. The SmartBot project strengthens the collaboration between different parties in both economical and technological ways. The project also helps create a global knowledge hotspot on sensorrobotics in the border-region of Germany and the Netherlands.
The SmartBot project consists of three sub projects:
- Roboship (shipping industry): an autonomous intelligent robot for the inspection and repair of ballast water tanks of ships.
- Sinbot (industry): a pilot environment for intelligent use of industrial robotics in a production environment. The first application will be focused on the production of composite material for the transport sector.
- AgroBot (agriculture): (semi) autonomous robot systems operating in dynamical environments. These systems will be able to work on complex tasks without damaging the environment (for example a robot that recognizes and pulls out the weeds).
- Amazonen-Werke H.Dreyer GmbH & Co. KG
- Axum Engineering BV
- B. Strautmann & Söhne GmbH u. Co. KG
- DFKI GmbH – German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- DLV Plant
- Fachhochschule Osnabrück – University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück, Faculty of engineering and computer science
- Grimme Landmaschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
- Grunewald GmbH & Co. KG
- Haake Technik GmbH
- Luinstra Bronbemaling BV
- Meyer Werft GmbH
- Productschap Akkerbouw
- STODT – Practice centre for advanced technology
- Tyker Technology BV
- University of Groningen – Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- University of Twente – Design Production and Management Group
- University of Twente – Robotics and Mechatronics
- Wageningen University and Research – Farm Technology Group
- Westfälische Hochschule – University of Applied Sciences Gelsenkirchen